Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Welcome Arlene Crenshaw’s Virtual Book Tour

Welcome Arlene Crenshaw’s Virtual Book TourWelcome Arlene Crenshaw’s Virtual Book Tour


July 21st, 2010
Author: Admin

Arlene Crenshaw

Twelve Roses for Uretta



Genre: Fiction/Domestic Abuse

Publisher: Lulu

Copyright: March, 2010





Welcome Arlene Crenshaw who bravely deals with the topic of domestic Abuse.



Arlene is a 48 yr woman with one son and two grandchildren. She raised her son on her own. They struggled for many years but made it. She feels blessed in so many ways. She lost her job about a year ago for something that was not her fault. It’s been difficult, finding work, and she prayed everyday for God to help her find something in this world she woud enjoy doing. In a dream a voice came upon her (God) and said to her. “You are here for a purpose and it is to write and inspire people.” Something she did all her life…inspire people, who would think that she would be writing novels today. Dreams do come true if you believe.



What drew you to write in your current genre?



“Twelve Roses for Uretta” It started out for me away of getting old memories out of my system, it was a healing process. It had gotten to the point in my life that I needed to let go of all the bad memories that were embedded within me in order to move on and take charge of my life. The story brought out things about me that I had carried within myself for most of my life and had never dealt with. The more I wrote and cried, the more things came out about my past. It was time to deal with it. It was time to get it all out and the story ended up turning into a novel of my life growing up with my mother.



How many novels have you written to date and are they all in the same genre? I’ve written a total of 3 novels so far. My 2nd novel will be out the end of July of 2010 and the 3rd I will be putting it out there the end of this year, 2010. My first novel is a true story the next to follow are all fiction. One is about hidden secrets and the other will be a kid’s book.



How much time do you spent on plotting etc before you start writing? Well I don’t spend a lot of time plotting I just sit down to my computer, say a little prayer before I write then I began to write, and my story just comes to life for me.



Where do you do most of your writing? Alone, in a little room in my home just me and my computer.



5. Looking back, what is the worst thing you have ever written? A letter I wrote to my father when I was about 9-10 years old, my father didn’t live with me and mother. So one day I just decide to write him a letter. While writing him this letter I just couldn’t think of anything to say to him, I just wanted to send him a letter from me. So in the letter I did write I kept repeating myself throughout the entire letter. Once my dad received the letter he called me and told me that if I wrote him another letter I needed to say more and write more than a paragraph. Then he said the letter he received was a waste of stamp, envelope and paper.



Tell us about your latest release. “Twelve Roses for Uretta” This is a true story of a mother’s struggle with domestic violence, while trying to raise her eight children. The story is told through the eyes of her daughter (Erica) who carried the burden of not being able to help her mother because she was too young. Erica also had her own private secret she was hiding. Erica never was able to tell her mother her secret before her mother’s untimely death.



7. How can your readers keep up with your news? mscrenshawsbooks.com. Also I’m on Blogger, saphire48@blogger.com and Facebook: arlenecrenshaw@facebook.com everyday doing what I call “My quote of the day.” How do you deal with rejection letters? So, far I haven’t received any, but I understand people have their opinions and they have a right to them.



What do you think about celebrities writing book? I think it’s great!



Here is a blog about domestic abuse written by Arlene:



Domestic Violence (love shouldn’t hurt)



What is it about hurting someone that you claim you love? There are women and children that suffer everyday by the hands of someone who claims that they love them. There are women who are preyed upon daily by men who want to control every aspect of their lives.



Some of these women who find themselves in situation like these are women who at some point in their life dealt with some form of mental or physical abuse.There are men that prey on these types of women. They look and seek out women who can’t protect themselves. They look for women that are venerable in many areas in there life. Such as loneliness, low self-esteem, mental or even physical problems.



Why do they do what they do? I’d say “control,” abuse is abuse and no one has to tolerate this type of treatment from anyone. Love shouldn’t hurt; domestic violence is a big problem in our world today.Not only are women suffering but children suffer as well. What a women may go through who has children, then children hearing and watching their mother being abused effects these children in ways that it can follow them for the rest of their live.



Results from seeing these types of behavior are daughter growing up with dominant men controlling and abusing them, and sons growing up being abusers.



I feel everyone who is in a relationship deserves to be treated with the utmost respect. Children should be able to sleep at night, learn and play throughout the daytime. We all as individual look forward to being in healthy relationships, not dysfunctional relationship and if you are in a relationship that isn’t healthy remember love doesn’t hurt. “Stop and put an end to Domestic Violence.”

No comments:

Post a Comment